Ingredients - Serves 8
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almont extract
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup blanched almonds, finely ground
¾ cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts.
5. Stir in cornmeal and ground almonds.
6. In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Gradually fold into the mixture.
7. Bake about 30 to 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; unmold onto rack and finish cooling.
9. Dust cooled cake with confectioners' sugar.
10. Serve with strawberries in light syrup and whipped cream.