Beef with Green Beans
Ingredients - Serves 2-4
1/3 cup Beef Broth ; or chicken stock
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
2 teaspoons white Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 pound Fresh Green Beans ; trimmed, cut in half
2 cups Mushrooms ; thinly sliced (optional)
1 pound Beef Flank Steak ; trimmed, sliced into thin strips
6 Scallions ; thinly diced
4 cloves Garlic ; minced
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1. Trim green beans, cook until tender, 4-6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add beans and mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes. Transfer green beans to a plate; set aside.
4. Add another tablespoon of oil to skillet, and add the beef strips. Cook for 1 minute without stirring. Sauté beef for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through; set aside on plate with green beans.
5. Add remaining oil to skillet and add scallions; sauté for 1-2 minutes, until browned slightly. Add ginger and garlic and sauté with scallions for 30 seconds. Add beef and green beans back to skillet and stir to combine.
6. Stir broth mixture then add to skillet; stir continuously until the sauce has thickened, about one minute.