Ingredients - Serves 4
1½ cups of blackberries
4 teaspoons of sugar
4 teaspoons of flour (can be gluten free)
½ cup oats
6 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp flour
¼ cup cold butter, cut into small chunks
¼ cup of blanched, chopped almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 375F
2. Mix the sugar and flour together
3. Wash and dry the blackberries.
4. Toss the berries in the sugar and flour mix until thoroughly covered.
5. Distribute the berries evenly into 4 ramekins. Dust the left over sugar and flour evenly on top of the berries.
6. Mix the oats, sugar, flour, and almonds together.
7. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or pair of knives. Cut until the mixture forms small clumps.
8. Spoon the crumble mix over the berries. Do not worry about overfilling. The crumble will sink a bit once the butter melts.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.