Chicken with Lemon and Olives
Ingredients - Serves 2
4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon of red hot pepper flakes
8 - 10 black olives
8 - 10 kalamata olives
8 - 10 green olives
¼ cup dry white wine
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°f, grease an oven proof pan.
2. Cut four slices of lemon and set aside.
3. Cut 4 small lemon segments and set aside.
4. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan, heat to medium hot.
5. Brown the chicken thighs for 5 minutes on either side.
6. Transfer the chicken to the oven proof pan
7. Place a slice of lemon on each piece of chicken and sprinkle on some of the rosemary.
8. Roast the chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
9. When the chicken is done, transfer to a serving dish.
10. Drain any excess oil from the frying pan.
11. When the chicken is done, transfer to a serving dish.
12. Re-heat the frying pan to medium heat, add to wine to de-glaze
13. Scrape the dripping from the oven proof pan, add to the frying pan.
14. Add the olives, garlic, hot peppers and remaining rosemary, simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
15. Pour the olives and sauce on the chicken, serve with baby potatoes and carrots