Ingredients - Serves 6
1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut into 1” pieces
1 lb Andouille sausage, sliced into ½” pieces
1 lb peeled shrimp
1 onion, diced
2 shallots, diced
2 sticks of celery, diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1” squares
12 oz can diced, roasted tomatoes
1 cup white rice
2 cups Chicken stock
1. Toss the chicken thigh in the paprika and cayenne pepper and let stand
2. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to a non-stick pan
3. Place the sliced andouille sausage in the pan and brown on both sides.
4. Add the chicken and brown on both side.
5. Mix in the green bell pepper, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Remove the andouille, chicken and green bell pepper from the pan, leaving any juices.
7. Add the onion, shallots, celery and garlic to the pan and sauté until the onion browns, about 10 minutes.
8. Add the rice to the pan, mix in.
9. Add the tomato to the pan, mix in.
10. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and simmer until the rice as absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
11. Check the rice is done, add more liquid if needed.
12. Return the chick, andouille and green pepper to the pan, mix in.
13. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
14. Arrange the shrimp on top, cover the pan and cook until done, about 5 minute. Maybe a little longer if you had to add extra liquid in step 11.