Lemon Shrimp Risotto
Ingredients - Serves 2-3
2 tablespoons Butter
1-2 tablespoon of Olive Oil (optional, see Rice)
1 pound Shrimp
1 small Onion, finely diced
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 cup dry Arborio Rice
½ cup dry White Wine
3 cups chicken Broth, heated (typically use 2.5-2.75 cups)
½ Lemon, zest and juice
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
6-9 Basil Leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tablespoon Butter (optional)
1. Heat 2 TBS butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook both sides until opaque in the middle, about 3 minutes.
3. Remove shrimp, set aside, and keep warm.
1. Return the skillet to the stovetop (do not wash it), reduce heat to moderately low, and add the onion, garlic, and lemon zest. Add oil if needed. Stir and cook gently for 3-5 minutes, until onion starts to turn translucent.
2. Add dry Arborio rice, stir to coat.
3. Turn up heat to medium-high; toast rice, stirring, for 30 seconds.
4. Immediately add wine. Reduce heat to medium-low* and stir until wine is absorbed.
5. After the wine is absorbed, begin adding warm broth 1/2 cup to 1 cup at a time, allowing the rice to simmer and absorb the liquid each time. Stir occasionally as you go, and add the pepper during one of the broth additions.
6. After all the broth has been absorbed (about 20-25 minutes), stir in the lemon juice. The rice should be tender. It should have a slight bite, but if it seems undercooked, add warm broth or water bit by bit until rice is tender yet firm.
7. Stir in the Parmesan and (optional) 1 tablespoon butter. Cook briefly to blend and melt the cheese.
8. Stir in the basil, place the shrimp on top, and serve immediately.