Sausages with Cannelloni Beans
Ingredients - Serves 2-4
4 large chicken, garlic, herb sausage
1 cup white wine
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 can Cannelloni beans
2 tablespoons of fresh minced oregano
¾ cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper
½ bag arugula salad
1. Prick the sausage, place in frying pan with ½ cup wine.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the lid, continue cooking sausage until the sausages are brown all over.
4. Remove pan from the heat and cover to keep the sausages warm.
5. In a separate pan sauté the onion and pepper until they start to soften and turn brown (about 5 minutes).
6. Add the garlic, oregano, beans, chicken broth and remaining wine.
7. Bring to the boil and simmer until the liquid is evaporated (about 5 minutes)
8. Spoon the vegetables on the bed of arugula and arrange the sausages on top.